It must be linkage week here at Stromberg. New 4-banger linkages at the start of the week, and now, more for the V8. If you’ve just stepped up for the long-awaited new Edelbrock 5412 small block Ford 3×2 intake, or you’re lucky enough to have found a cool old intake for three 97s on your vintage overhead valve engine, check these out. Our new 9253PRO is a 3×2 progressive linkage that places the carbs 4 7/8 inches from carb to carb to fit the new Edelbrock 3×2 intake for small block Ford, plus early Weiand 3×2 intakes too. The new 9251PRO works at 4 7/8 inches apart to fit Offenhauser 3×2 intakes for engines like Ford Y-block and 49-61 Cadillac. If you’re looking for direct linkages for these engines, simply choose our 9245S TwoStep kit and trim the linkage rod to suit.
In addition, our new 9249S 2×2 is a simple direct linkage with swivels for a traditional look, sized for a maximum 7 1/2 inches from carb to carb so it fits the cool intake from Edgy Speed Shop for Dodge/Plymouth 201/218 and 230 Flathead 6-cyl engines. We’re reliably informed it will also fit the vintage Edmunds intake for Plymouth 6 engines (with 7 inch carb spacing).
Moving up in size a little we have the new 9250S and 9250P 2×2 direct linkages (S for swivels, P for premium with rod ends). Both set the carburetors a maximum 8 5/16 inches from carb to carb and are designed specifically for the recently announced Offenhauser 1080 2×2 intake for 1949-63 Cadillac motors. Good news is, they also fit the Eddie Meyer 1932-48 ‘low-rise’ intake for Flathead Ford (at 8 1/4in carb spacing).
Prices are US$49.95 (and UK£26.43 + tax) for the 9249S and 9250S, and US$105.95 (UK£54.13 + tax) for the 9250P. Both 9251PRO and 9253PRO kits are US$175.95 (UK£92.46 + tax).
Designed and manufactured exclusively by Stromberg Carburetor, TwoStep linkage kits combine clean, traditional looks with maximum leverage. They come pre-assembled and install in just two simple steps, without the need for extended throttle shafts. Check out the following features:
- Die-cast zinc SuperLink lever arms. All other parts stainless steel – even the rod ends and lock nuts.
- Two new Stromberg ‘Snapback’ throttle return springs, which wrap around the end of the throttle shaft. These chemically blacked, stainless steel torsion springs snap the carburetors shut, yet virtually disappear from view.
- For a smooth, lightweight look, 2×2 kit swivels are positively fixed by a small e-clip, and the small black set-screws have knurled ends for a strong fix on the stainless rod.
- P kits have special swivels and bolts, developed to clamp the rod ends tight with a small blind hole in the head. Simply insert a small rod eg, a hex key, to stop the swivels turning while you tighten the lock nuts.
- Progressive kits have opposite threaded rod ends for easy adjustment. Just spin the rod to adjust for the correct lever angles. The primary lever has three mounting points to change when the secondary carburetors open, and you can pull the front carburetor or push the rear one open to suit individual applications. On the top setting (as supplied), the linkage will start to open the secondary (end) carburetors at around 50% primary (center) carburetor throttle rotation. Lower holes will open the secondaries sooner.
- Every Stromberg TwoStep linkage kit comes with full instructions, and further help with selection, installation and tuning is available at our Tech Center.
Do you sell just the premium rod ends/bolts that allow use of a linkage arm as well on there own? Thanks
Hi Mike, We have emailed you about this so we can get your complete requirement. Yes, I am sure we can help.